Mike Review: “How to Cope with Bipolar Disorder”

MikeHi, I am Mike and I’m 26 years old, I’m studying for PR. In my spare time, I like to read, take pictures, play football and basketball, write poems, rap and run my own blog. I easily make new acquaintances, but emotionally is closed and smile rarely. Many people will think that I’m depressed, but it’s not so – the fact is that since 2008 I suffer from a bipolar affective disorder. The disease left a certain impact on my life, and if before I was the soul of the party, I always joked and enjoyed life, but now I’m pretty cold-hearted.

In a neurological hospital, I entered the so-called crisis department – there are mostly people who undergo rehabilitation after drug and alcohol abuse. The treatment is completely voluntary implying you may leave the territory free, so I there meet friends there and start mixing alcohol and drugs effective for treatment from Trust Pharmacy. Exactly a week I got bored and I left at my own request.

In those days I was literally seething with positive energy, I drew energy from the air and almost did not feel tired. From the hospital, I returned home and continued to engage in self-destruction. I spent the nights at the computer and sometimes went to bed at eight-nine in the morning. As a result, I started to get insomnia – it got harder and harder to fall asleep every day. For the first time, I started to feel depressed – I lay for hours and looked at the ceiling, having a desire doing nothing, strange sounds irritated me, every little thing made me lose my temper.

Realizing that some unhealthy changes become a usual thing, I agreed to re-visit the psycho-neurological company – Psychiatric Services Behavioral Health Clinic. I was put in a neurosis department. Going beyond the territory here, as in the previous hospital, was free, but this time I completely refused to take alcohol and in general, broke all my contacts with friends so that there was no temptation to start it again. I was given a few pills from Trust Pharmacy a day, which provoke me to be sleepy. I read books and played table tennis, walked in the garden on the territory of the clinic and gradually felt a sharp improvement. A month later I was discharged from the hospital, the diagnosis was put to me by that moment – bipolar affective disorder.

The staff at this clinic really helped me. I am grateful to all the staff for their work and patience. It’s not a gift to suffer from such a disorder but we adapt to live and we do it!